• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired Inspection Violation (New York)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmode

I recently received 2 parking violations in a 5 hour period for having an expired inspection sticker. I took my car for an inspection and passed later that same day.
A) Do I have to pay both tickets?
B) Is it possible to have the violations dismissed or reduced for having the inspection done the same day and only 4 days after the expiration date?
C) One of the violations had the wrong location (off by about 4 blocks). How much proof do I need to have this violation dismissed?
Thanks for the help.

The Occultist

A) Do I have to pay both tickets?
If you express your concerns to the powers that be, it is possible to have the second citation dismissed. Otherwise, yes, you will have to pay both tickets.

B) Is it possible to have the violations dismissed or reduced for having the inspection done the same day and only 4 days after the expiration date?
If you go in with proof that your vehicle is now compliant with the law, it is possible to see some sort of leniency. Some people do get such tickets dismissed, and most see a reduction in their fine.

C) One of the violations had the wrong location (off by about 4 blocks). How much proof do I need to have this violation dismissed?
They will not care.

Thanks for the help.
Anytime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">