• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Impound Situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

On October 3, 2008 I was rear ended at a red light. My d.l. has been suspended for failure to pay traffic tickets. I left the scene of the accident also because I have a warrant for my arrest for probation violation. I had just purchased the vehicle a month prior to the accident and had not yet transferred the title to my name. Of course, the vehicle was impounded from the scene and has a hold on it, I assume because of my warrant status although the vehicle is not registered to me. My question is: Am I able to somehow get my personal belongings out of the vehicle? Also, I am admitting myself into a rehab next Thursday (the earliest date available). Can I somehow give power of attorney to someone to be able to get my personal belongings out of the vehicle?

Thank you for any and all help,
Kristi

seniorjudge

Q: My question is: Am I able to somehow get my personal belongings out of the vehicle?

A: When you asked your question of the folks who ordered the impound, what answer did you receive?

Q: Also, I am admitting myself into a rehab next Thursday (the earliest date available). Can I somehow give power of attorney to someone to be able to get my personal belongings out of the vehicle?

A: Yes; it may not be honored but you can sure try it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">