• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Embezzlement in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dre892

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas is where I now live. I admitted to taking money from the company and it has taken over a year for the audit. It is now complete and I received a letter from the attorney stating they will file a civil suit if I don't respond. First it was sent by email and I have not been in contact with this company since I left over a year ago. I filed bankruptcy last month and have my wages garnished under Chapter 13 so I don't have anything to send for resitution. I am wondering if they can't get money from me will they then switch to criminal charges and if so, would they really come to Texas to get me? Or will a warrant be issued and they wait for me to break the law here? I was thinking of waiting for a certified letter to respond since there is no proof I received the email. The amount they say I took was $15,500 when I thought it was half that.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas is where I now live. I admitted to taking money from the company and it has taken over a year for the audit. It is now complete and I received a letter from the attorney stating they will file a civil suit if I don't respond. First it was sent by email and I have not been in contact with this company since I left over a year ago. I filed bankruptcy last month and have my wages garnished under Chapter 13 so I don't have anything to send for resitution. I am wondering if they can't get money from me will they then switch to criminal charges and if so, would they really come to Texas to get me? Or will a warrant be issued and they wait for me to break the law here? I was thinking of waiting for a certified letter to respond since there is no proof I received the email. The amount they say I took was $15,500 when I thought it was half that.
**A: the answer is yes, so be proactive. Otherwise you will be in Texas somewhere pounding big rocks into small rocks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">