• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

10 year old ticket notification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swill51

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I have just received a letter from the lawyers for the Philadelphia Parking Authority telling me that I have 6 tickets from 1998. I have no idea when these were. This is the first notification of them I have received. They can't even produce copies of the tickets.

Is there a statute of limitations for this? What can I do now?

The Occultist

Is there a statute of limitations for this?
Statute of Limitations refers to the time between when the alleged crime occurred, and charges were pressed. Charges were pressed the moment the tickets were written, so SoL does not apply to this situation.

I find it hard to believe that nobody can produce some sort of record of what the tickets were. I advise you keep talking to people within the system to figure out what happened.

In case this is relevant, do keep in mind that as far as parking tickets go, they are assigned to whomever the registered owner of the vehicle is. This means that if your niece, Sally, or your friend, John, borrowed your car and parked illegally, you would still be responsible for any legal repercussions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">