• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Newbie w/ question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NOnothing

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.
Hi,
I'm disabled, on Medicare. My mom has 5 kids, and she is dying. I've been caring for her as much as I can for 1 yr now. She had helped me w/ food and paying for medicine. She made her will split 5 ways. Apparently she was trying to protect me by making a "trust" for me w/ my brother as my "executor".

1) We got a letter from her lawyer saying she hasn't inacted this "trust". Would she like to. My sister is going to the lawyer w/ my mom.
2) My brother and I haven't spoken in 25 yrs and he hates me w/ all his heart. I have no1 I know or trust to carry the trust.
3) Can my brother hold back the money from me if I ask for it? If he thinks it'd be fun for me just not to get the money?
4) Would I be better off having NO trust, and having my creditors eat what money there is , and see what I come up w/?
5) If the trust is made, can I revoke it? Take the money ? I'm 50 yrs old, and worked all my life, until my heart gave out. that's where I acrued debt. I'm not that much in debt right now, but every time I have to go to the ER I have to pay.
6)Does anyone know how much a person can own, before the creditors can come and take their stuff?
thanks I'm in deep trouble.:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">