• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in consumption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wildhalf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho
My daughter is 17 and just arrived at an appartment, she was there for about 10 minutes when the sheriff's department showed up, they told everyone not to leave and that if everyone there did'nt sign a statment saying what they did at the appartment they would be arrested, my daughter called me and I came right down to where she was, the cop would not let me in to see hertill they were done with her, they then got a statment from her saying she took a sip of someone's beer, the cops then wrote her a ticket for minor in consumption and turned her over to me.
I was wondering if she should of had her rights read to her before filling out a stament that incrminated her by threatning her with arrest, and if I can get her case kicked out of court.
could you please advise me as I am going to be representing her.
Clifford Gowen

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">