• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about legal proceedings in Fl

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

camp124

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

Here is the question: Someone i know said he had charges filed against him by the police (wasn't arrested, said he was able to just post the bond which I find hard to believe). Then I was told he had 10 days until a "show cause" hearing to talk to the judge to see if the charges will be dropped or not. The information I have on a show cause hearing is differnt from what he is telling me. Can you please tell me if this sounds true or not?

Last edited:

Indiana Filer

Boy, you're impatient. Most of us don't stay on the same question, just waiting around in case the OP (you) adds more details. HG has moved on, and might be back later to read any information you added.

Anyway,
he had charges filed against him by the police (wasn't arrested, said he was able to just post the bond
that's an arrest. Being arrested does not always mean someone goes to jail. A person can be arrested without going to jail.

The hearing in 10 days is the Initial Hearing. The judge could determine that there is not enough probable cause for the charges to stick.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">