• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CPS takes my kids Took my words out of Context

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raul86sandoval

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California.

My family whose first language is Spanish
my dad and mother speak only Spanish.

We were assigned Social Workers who aren't fluent in the Language.

They misinterpreted the whole situation in my house, and now they have
managed to take my 17 year old sister, and my 8 year old brother.

I'm 22 years old, and I'm just trying to make this right ,
We have proof that these social work aren't reporting the things
the way they really are, what can we do? how can we clarify theese things?

We have court on Monday, what is the best way to defend ourselves?

My parents aren't druggies, my mom has been crying for the past 4 days
my Dad has not gotten sleep, he goes to work and he doesn't even feel hungry
he doesn't even eat.. Is this the way CPS brings families together? .

Can someone please give me Advice ?

wyett717

First of all, they are not your kids, they are your siblings. What was CPS's reason for taking the children? What words exactl did they misunderstand? They must have had sufficient evidence that the kids were in danger other than a few misinterpreted words.

Don't be suprised or upset that you were assigned social workers not fluent in Spanish. This is America, an English-speaking country. Your parents would be wise to learn the language if they plan to succeed here.

Last edited:

CourtClerk

This is America, an English-speaking country. Your parents would be wise to learn the language if they plan to succeed here.
AMEN to that!!!!!

Ok OP, what exactly are your parents charged with doing to these children? What "words" were taken out of context?

For the record, you need to start your experience here being completely honest. As stated previously, there are NOT your children, so do not start posting here and lying, or you will find that you will get no help. Candid honesty goes a long way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">