• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to buy Mom house with POA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

murphy1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
My brother has durable POA for my mother. They live in Michigan. She lives alone in a mobile home park and now has dementia, and can't be left alone all the time. Physicaly, her health is good. We have help coming in to check on her 5 days a week, but it isn't enough. She's not eating right, and has been wandering. The nieghbors call me about her, but I am 700 miles away.The mobile home isn't worth much. My brother lives too far from her to give her the help she now needs. A home has come up for sale a mile from me here in Tennessee. I could take care of her there. She can't afford assisted living, but could afford to buy the home with a small loan, and payments cheaper than her lot rent. POA form is worded to say he can buy real estate for her in Michigan. I don't want her in a nursing home. I don't have any room for her at my place, or I would just have her live here. Is it possible to buy this house for her ?? Are out of state transactions totaly excluded for Mich. POA ? I don't care that Medicaid will end up taking the home eventually, if she has to go to a nursing home. I just want to delay her going to a home as long as possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">