• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

michigan inmate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Purplepixies@at

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? To Whom It May Concern,

As a Michigan citizen I ask you to accept this written appeal for parole for Michael Jerry Beebe # 240491, currently serving a long sentence of imprisonment with possibility of parole in June 2009 for his 1999 conviction of prison escape. Michael did not escape from prison another inmate did and the FBI have investigated thoroughly and have found Michael innocent. Michigan Department of Correction is still holding him his release date is 2045; he has already been incarcerated for more than 12 years. Michael is currently being held at Standish Maximum Corrections Facility in Michigan.
Whatever the reasons and mechanics by which our legislature has managed to enact a law holding someone responsible for crimes far greater than those actually committed; the citizens of this state never intended that for a crime which he had no involvement in and a non-violent inmate. Although that premise stands on its own, I invite you to review the details of this case, trial, conviction and sentence and learn why so many people are so outraged by the magnitude of this injustice.
I believe, as do most Michiganders, that crime must be deterred and prosecuted, that convictions must be fair and that punishments must be equitable. Why is he at a Maximum Security Prison level 5; the possibility of parole for a man convicted of a crime he did not commit using a legal fiction is neither fair nor equitable. Michael’s appeals thus far have been denied, presumably because the parole board must follow the law without regard to its grossly unjust unintended consequences. I ask that you please correct this injustice by helping grant Michael Beebe’s Parole. So Michael can come home and work to help support his wife and kids
Respectfully,

]

Last edited:

BL

What is your question ?

Ever hear of the innocent project ?

Are you really stating he was sentence for escape , but he's not that person and they know it ?

I bet his original crime is keeping him in .

>Charlotte<

Lurker
He got three to ten for embezzlement in 1994, but he did less than three years because twenty months later he committed a home invasion plus two B&Es, for which he got three to forty. Even if he's not guilty of the escape, he is guilty of the other charges. How much time he actually serves will depend upon the facts of the crime and his behavior in prison. By all means, OP should do what she can to support him and try to help him get paroled, but if he's asking for parole on the grounds that this isn't fair and his sentence is unjust his refusal to accept responsibility is probably not going to impress the parole board.

Also, purplepixie, you're his girlfriend, so why are you referring to his "wife"? You're probably just calling yourself his wife as a sort of shorthand, but if you're his girlfriend while he's married to someone else that's probably going to cause problems.

Purplepixies@at

Michigan standish inmate

No I'm not his wife, but we are trying to get married as soon as the warden oks it and we can get everything in order. He has never been married but he has 2 teenage children with his ex-girlfriend

Purplepixies@at

reply to bl

What is your question? What can I do to help him make parole? Am I helping him or harming him by writing letters

Ever hear of the innocent project? N, I have never heard of it.

Are you really stating he was sentence for escape, but he's not that person and they know it? Just before Mike was released last time another inmate approached him about helping him escape Mike did listen to him because in Prison you have to conduct yourself in a certain way in order to maintain your own safety and life the man approached several other inmates in his attempt to escape. Mike never helped him in any way per FBI investigations proved him innocent on that charge.

BL

What is your question? What can I do to help him make parole? Am I helping him or harming him by writing letters

Ever hear of the innocent project? N, I have never heard of it.

Are you really stating he was sentence for escape, but he's not that person and they know it? Just before Mike was released last time another inmate approached him about helping him escape Mike did listen to him because in Prison you have to conduct yourself in a certain way in order to maintain your own safety and life the man approached several other inmates in his attempt to escape. Mike never helped him in any way per FBI investigations proved him innocent on that charge.

Clt747 responded well ...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">