• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Transportation of Alcohol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slafa23

MA Law-
I have received a summons to appear for a court magistrate hearing for this offense ( M.G.L.c.138,#34C). Does anyone have any advice on what to do? Should I hire a lawyer? What are the odds my licence will be suspended? I am 18, will be 19 by the time of the magistrate hearing. I have no previous record.

Thanks.

slafa23

I pulled into a parking lot at a college when I was going to visit a friend and an officer in plain clothes saw me moving the beer in my trunk when I went to get my backpack and sleeping bag. No one else was around. I am 18, will be 19 by the time of the hearing.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I pulled into a parking lot at a college when I was going to visit a friend and an officer in plain clothes saw me moving the beer in my trunk when I went to get my backpack and sleeping bag. No one else was around. I am 18, will be 19 by the time of the hearing.
You are underage and you transported alcohol. Your license will most likely be suspended. You will probably have to pay fines. May have to attend an alcohol class.

slafa23

Thanks for the input. Would hiring a lawyer help in this case? Or is it not worth it?I have heard about possible continuations. Is this a possible scenario for the situation?
Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">