• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juveniles broke int my house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmlo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Missouri
High school kids, that goes to the same school as my dtr, broke into my house and stole a laptop. We went to the school, and talked to the Police Officer because we suspected these kids. One of these boys,was trying to sell the laptop in school, and the Police Officer was able to get us the lap top back. When it happened, This kid was sent home in a cab and the others remained in School. Why wasn't he arrested if he was caught with a stolen object? The Police Officer told us that he was going to file a Report and send to Juvenile Court, and it's up to them from here. He also told us that there isn't any way we can follow up the case. Any advice? We feel apprehensive not knowing if there will be any consequences to these delinquents.

CraigFL

Unfortunately, the only thing we know for sure is that a juvenile was in possesion of stolen property. I would suspect MO law allows for him to be immediately released pending the court/hearing date as well as protects his rights as a juvenile rather than worrying about you, the victim...

In most states justice would have been more fair if you would have caught him in your home with your Glock...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">