• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

leaving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dorene

i live in montana and i am in a abusive marriage.i would like to know how i can leave my husband ,even though i haven't got a divorce yet,and take my 1 year old with me with out getting in trouble by the law?

J

JasperT

This is from my own personal experience I didn't have anywhere to go myself let alone with a three month old at the time No job etc. but there comes a point where enough is enough so I left it was raining that day I called a Domestic Violence shelter they have 1-800 #"s heck they even came an picked us up they help me find resources I never even new existed it was the best phone call I ever made. I know that there is alot of jerks out there but there are also alot of good kind caring people who are willing to help if we help ourselves an willing to except that we can't change everything on our own sometimes we do need help. They do have rules but that is to be expected for the saftey of all. They can help. If not now maybe when you are really ready I know it took me nine yrs to leave, we just need to take one day at a time, but they are there when we are.
Hope this helps good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">