• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Parking Tickets in 5 Hours?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TAshifter88

Austin, TX

I received a ticket at 11 in the morning (while out at classes), and came back at 4 in the afternoon to find 2 parking tickets on my car for being parked within 30 feet of a stop sign (no fire hydrant, no "no-parking" signs, and no yellow or red curb). I understand that this may be a violation, and understand that I deserve it, but can they really give 2 tickets in a 5-hour span? They've taken over 2/3 of the parking from the area, making parking spots very scarce, but I'm wondering what a time limit may be that they can do that!? I understand once a day, but 2 in 5 hours is ridiculous. What is keeping them from writing me 10 tickets a minute? Are there any written documents that state time-frames of which parking tickets of the same offense can be supplied?

Thanks for all the help.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Was your car illegally parked at 11 am?
Was your car illegally parked at 4 pm?

If the answer to each of those is "Yes", then you CAN receive two tickets

TAshifter88

Thanks for the reply.

So what is stopping them from giving me 100 tickets? Technically, the car is parked as illegally one second as it is the next second. Are there laws concerning the time period between the tickets though? They are both from the same cop, so it almost seems like he's camping around the car, and could do that all day if he had a cold enough heart.

A ticket is typically better than a towing call. Rather than give you 100 tickets, they'll just get your vehicle hauled out by the fat guy that kids like you picked on in high school :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">