• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

technical violation of probation.(warrant)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karissa308

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut.
I'm in a situation i really need some advice/answer on,I was sentenced to 3 yrs probation for something i had got arrested for when i was 17yrs old and I've been on that probation for going on 2 years now... i have never had any problems while on probation.. no new arrest,always complied with what my PO wanted me to do.. alright she had me going to AIC which is alternative incarceration a program that provides groups,intense concealing,urine analysis,community service.etc..well she only had me taking urine's once a week almost 30 minutes away from my house.Well i was working 2 jobs and that because i live with my father and help him with all the bills and my bills also .. So at AIC we worked out something for every Thursday or Monday well my jobs wouldn't work around anything i asked and long story short i couldn't make one week and my Probation officer Violated my probation because i couldn't make it 2 times after i had called her and the programs numerous times and left numerous messages... never got a call back until she called me and left me a message while i was at work saying she didn't want to deal with my case anymore and is sending it back to the court. and this was about a month ago well i just got a call on this past Friday saying i have a warrant out for my arrest and need to turn my self in at the court.I have t do this all tomorrow... i have a $25000 bond on me and its all up to the judge if he either lets me out on a PTA (promise to appear) or ups my bond and sends me to jail.I haven't got in any trouble in 2 years i moved from where i grew up to get away from everyone and thing,I'm working and starting a new job this week i live with my father and all i do is work and come home i didn't do anything to be a high risk of any sort.. what am i facing and how should i be approaching all of this tomorrow(as I'm going to jail or not).. i really need some advice and help.:(

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut.
I'm in a situation i really need some advice/answer on,I was sentenced to 3 yrs probation for something i had got arrested for when i was 17yrs old and I've been on that probation for going on 2 years now... i have never had any problems while on probation.. no new arrest,always complied with what my PO wanted me to do.. alright she had me going to AIC which is alternative incarceration a program that provides groups,intense concealing,urine analysis,community service.etc..well she only had me taking urine's once a week almost 30 minutes away from my house.Well i was working 2 jobs and that because i live with my father and help him with all the bills and my bills also .. So at AIC we worked out something for every Thursday or Monday well my jobs wouldn't work around anything i asked and long story short i could make one week and my Probation officer Violated my probation because i couldn't make it 2 times after i had called her and the programs numerous times and left numerous messages... never got a call back until she called me and left me a message while i was at work saying she didn't want to deal with my case anymore and is sending it back to the court. and this was about a month ago well i just got a call on this past Friday saying i have a warrant out for my arrest and need to turn my self in at the court.I have t do this all tomorrow... i have a $25000 bond on me and its all up to the judge if he either lets me out on a PTA (promise to appear) or ups my bond and sends me to jail.I haven't got in any trouble in 2 years i moved from where i grew up to get away from everyone and thing,I'm working and starting a new job this week i live with my father and all i do is work and come home i didn't do anything to be a high risk of any sort.. what am i facing and how should i be approaching all of this tomorrow(as I'm going to jail or not).. i really need some advice and help.:(
Yes, this is a technical violation of your probation...and that's a bad thing.

You need to hire a lawyer.

karissa308

so basically im screwed tomorrow? Because i do not have the money for a lawyer..and im not sure if i'll be able to be appointed a public defender.also by turning myself in tomorrow im bascially setting myself up to go to jail? I also would like to know the consequences and penalty's i am facing in court if anyone knows.

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

Its all up to the judge whether you go to jail or get another chance.

missing one test is a violation. Not dropping everything and finnding a way to get tested asap was another violation. Making it hard on your PO was just a bad idea.

Suggest you be meek and apologetic and tell the judge that you will be there on time every time for all future tests.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">