• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Meaning of results in "Disposition" in Wisconsin Court case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

one2three4

State of Wisconsin.

What is the meaning in a court case, if the disposition on all counts of the case was "Dismissed on Prosecutor's Motion".

Thank you for any help/guidance.

one2three4

Considering that you provided absolutely NO DETAILS how on EARTH could anyone here answer that question??:confused:

My apologies. I am quite unfamiliar with law.

The details are :

Charge(s)
Count No. Statute Description Severity Disposition
1 943.10(1)(a) Burglary-Building or Dwelling Felony F Dismissed on Prosecutor's Motion
2 943.01(1) Criminal Damage to Property Misd. A Dismissed on Prosecutor's Motion
3 943.20(1)(a) Theft-Movable Property <=$2500 Misd. A Dismissed on Prosecutor's Motion
4 943.10(1)(a) Burglary-Building or Dwelling Felony F Dismissed on Prosecutor's Motion
5 943.01(1) Criminal Damage to Property Misd. A Dismissed on Prosecutor's Motion
6 943.20(1)(a) Theft-Movable Property <=$2500 Misd. A Dismissed on Prosecutor's Motion
7 943.10(1)(a) Burglary-Building or Dwelling Felony F Dismissed on Prosecutor's Motion
8 943.01(1) Criminal Damage to Property Misd. A Dismissed on Prosecutor's Motion
9 943.20(1)(a) Theft-Movable Property <=$2500 Misd. A Dismissed on Prosecutor's

All of which, in the details, have modifiers of "PTAC", or 'as a party to a crime'.

I also have access to the Court Record Events, but their order and meaning make no sense to me. I am not sure if I should post them to this forum.

What would be the possible reasons for the Prosecution dropping the charges?
My guess would be for lack of evidence. Can't prosecute what you can't prove.

Just because they filed Motions to Dismiss on all charges, doesn't mean they can't come back later, should they gain additional evidence, and file these charges again.

The only thing running in your favor is the Statute of Limitations. If you are really guilty of these crimes, please use this as an opportunity to change your ways, not look at it as though you just got away with it and out-smarted the police.

Take care and I wish you luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">