• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Drunkenness and Disorderly Conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smdavis

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I live in NJ and my arrests were in PA.
I need some advice on these two charges i recieved in PA.

I am 24 years old and I was visiting some friends at a college in PA. During a night of drinking, I left a party to go back to my friends house where I was staying that weekend. I didn't have a key so my friend (who lives at that house) said if the door is locked, just climb through the window. When I got to the house, the door was locked so i tried climbing through one of the windows. However, the window I was trying to go through was the wrong side of the house where other people live. (the house was divided in half)

Those people must have thought I was trying to break in and called the police. Then as I started walking back towards the front door there were about 5 or 6 cops. I tried to explain that I was staying with some friends that live there and that I had permission to go inside even if the door was locked. My phone was dead so I couldn't even call my friend to talk to the cops.

They issued me a Public Drunkenness and a Disorderly Conduct. They did not give me a breathalyzer for the PD, so all the ticket says is that I appeared to be intoxicated and was an annoyance to others, etc. I was pretty drunk but I was definitely coherent, compliant, and respectful to the officers.

For the Disorderly charge, it says that I was in a residence, not of my own, without permission and that I could do harm to myself or others around.

My record is clean, except for a speeding ticket i got when I was 17. However, that should be gone by now. I pleaded not guilty to both of them in hopes that I can talk my way out of them. Im pretty sure I can get out of the Disorderly Conduct because I can have my friend make a copy of his lease and have him sign a letter saying that I had permission. I am not sure about the Public Drunkenness.

My main concern is that I am going to be a high school teacher and I plan on having a job by next September.

If I am found guilty with either one or both of these, will that affect me in trying to get a teaching job?

Also, how much money will these tickets be if I get charged?

Any help would be very greatful.
ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Q: If I am charged with either one or both of these, will that affect me in trying to get a teaching job?

A: No. But if you are found guilty, it may hurt you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">