• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired by a lie indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gina Traylor

I was just fired two weeks ago because my new boss says I gave a shot of tequila to a costermer without charging them for it. I know this is a right out lie. When I asked for prof there isn't any yet I have two cameras on me at all times. I had felt my job was thretend ever since she took over. I had told outhers that. Now she has refused me any unemployment. I have a witness saying that he got what he payed for. It wasn't even like this was a good friend or any thing and I knew she was sitting right there watching me. I know that she just wanted me out so she could have this new guy she hired be the full time bartender I truly belive she took away my livelyhood a job I loved, to give to a guy that flurted with her. I nevr stold a shot of anything that night. I want my vacation pay and peace of mind for myself and my son. I want my job back. If not I want justis. Can anyone help?
Thankyou, Gina

L

loku

Termination

Most people are employees at will and have no employment contracts or union contracts that protect them. That means that a boss can fire them at will for any legal reason (that carves out such things such as race, color, creed, etc.) or no reason at all. If there is an employment contract, or a union, that's different.

However, you may qualify for unemployment compensation. Since you lost your job through no fault of your own, you are, probably, eligible for unemployment compensation (usually called UI). You are not eligible to receive unemployment insurance benefits if you quit your job or were fired for misconduct. So you may have to prove that you lost the job through no fault of your own to get unemployment compensation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">