• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I used to

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anonymouskid

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

You could say I used to do a lot of illegal stuff as a minor, a lot of stuff involving guns. Never killed anybody. About a year ago when I was 17 I got arrested for my first charge for one event, it was Aggravated Assault, got it down to Improper Exhibition of a Firearm to Improper Exhibition of a Weapon, since I got out of Juvie about a year ago I have quit everything, and I do mean everything, I don't even hang out with people who occasionally smoke weed or drink (and that is rare believe it or not for kids my age, especially college kids).

So I am 18 now, I have not done any illegal activity since that one day. When I was in Juvie there was a supposed FBI officer in there who drove by my house and took pictures and so on and so on and was making indirect comments about me trying to say I was in a gang (which is not true).

So I am kind of paranoid, I've turned my life around, can I still be prosecuted for the stuff I used to do as a kid? I always have an ominous feeling I am being watched and so on. It really worries me.

Bottom Line:

Can I still be charged for the stuff I used to do as a kid? How likely is it? How likely is it I'll do jail time even if they had hard hard evidence? How likely is it the case will hold up in court? If I can still be charged for the stuff I used to do as a kid when will I finally be in the clearing? How long can the FBI keep a case open for?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I see one of two possibilities... either you have paranoia problems, or you did some seriously bad stuff. If it's the former ('cause, ya know, the FBI doesn't come around for someone stealing a pack of gum from the corner store), please seek the help of a licensed mental health professional. If the latter? I'd be talking to a lawyer, not an internet board.

If all of your stuf is done with probation, then you may want to consider moving?

Congrads on your decision to lead a life without crime.

It depends on the stuff. Being more specific would be much more helpful in determining the statute of limitations of what you did.

The Occultist

Most felonies have a SoL of a few years. If you want a more specific answer than this, you need to provide details of what crimes you committed.

A caveat to this is that I agree with Stealth and I think you are being far too paranoid over things (unless you killed people).

anonymouskid

They could be felonies, I don't know what to say

I am not going to write anything here that goes into too much detail

Like I said, the FBI guy at juvie had pictures of me, he actually had pulled directly in front of my car on the highway before I knew who he was. My friend was told yesterday by a cop that the whole team had open cases on them that were under investigation and that the team was lucky they were split up now

One prosecutor told me while I was going through my probation that I could have been charged with Attempted Murder

How long can you be charged with that for?

Just out of curiosity, what are the possible gun charges out there?

Hot Topic

You don't automatically mature simply because you become a year older, which you seem to think has happened. Not all college students use drugs or drink to access. "Everybody does it" is only a cover.

If the F.B.I. is really after you, then you need to get to an attorney on Monday. If there's a feeling that the legal system went too easy on you before, and the F.B.I. thinks there's a good case, they'll probably land on you like a ton of bricks.

Sounds like it is time to get out of Dodge!
The FBI has $ to spend and you seem to be on their radar.
My advice; get far away from the situation, so when the 5hit hits the fan, you were too far away to have been involved. If you have a probation officer to deal with, then dot your T and I's and talk to them about it.

Again, I'm glad you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Just don't wait around long enough to find that that light is a freight train heading your way!
Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">