• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal search & seizure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mexijesus

(in kansas, of course)
i was riding shotgun with my girlfriend thru a small town in kansas when a cop pulled up behind us. we were following some ppl well known in that town back to their place, so she of course panicked. they turned onto their street and she kept going straight to throw off any suspicions of involvement with them. she panics easy when she sees cops and her driving goes to poop, and had never driven in the town before. there was some sort of extra lane in the two-lane road, and she turned into the right-most one to make a right-hand turn, using her turn signal. about 3 seconds later she realised it wasnt a right-turn lane and switched back to the normal one, again using a turn signal. the cop pulled her over for this? anyway, she was eventually arrested for driving w/o a license and no proof of insurance. the cops then pulled me out of the vehicle and started patting me down for a weapon "for my protection". when they didnt find any weapons they continued to search my pockets and found a large amount of methamphetamines and a small bag of dope. in their report they stated that the bag of dope had been sticking out of my trenchcoat pocket, which it of course wasnt, and that allowed them to search me. the bag was tucked down in my pocket with a beanie type hat over it, and they had found no illegal substances before that. during the whole procedure up to this i had remained silent and "friendly" in the passenger seat. it seems to me that i'm completely fubared and any legal advice on how to combat this b.s. situation would be greatly appreciated. i didnt fill out any sort of statement, and my gf filled out one only stating the truth about the crap the cops did.
i'm facing 3 felonies and 1 misdemeaner in a small kansas town with a crooked police department and only 1 judge. help. :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">