• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

given an undetermined leave w/o pay, when am I fired?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

imtabitha

keeoping matters brief, I worked for an attorney who also runs a scam of a real estate company for almost 10 yrs. have numerous glowing letters from him, and complete ones of personal attack that are unfounded. After being on the road for over 9 months, he decieded that I was burnt out asked me to take an undetermined leave of abscence without pay. He owes me a large sum of money that I spent to keep him out of major legal trouble and to run the business with some sort of ethics, all of these expendatures were approved, and I was told I would be paid back. My credit is now destroyed, and he has never paid me a dime, including the pay for my last day in which I worked over 16 hours. This man lives for litigation, and has bullied every attorney i have attempted to hire, not to take my case. It is so far beyond not fair, and I dont know what to do.

Tabitha

B

buddy2bear

Call and file a charge against him with the local bar association for his unethical practice. The American Bar Association/State Bar Association are starting to wake up and police their members a lot better than they have in the past. An unethical lawyer affects the public's perception of all lawyers and the bar associations have come to realize that this is not a good thing. Also check out your State's Wage and Hour division and file a claim for the money he owes you.

I

imtabitha

THANKS BUDDY2BEAR

MY REAL CONCERN IS THAT THIS IS ONE OF THOSE ATTORNEYS WHO CAN OUTWIT JUST ABOUT ANYONE, AND HAS TOO MUCH OF TWO THINGS, MONEY AND TIME... BUT I WILL BOLOW YOUR ADVICE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">