• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fines and fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

4REAL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california
i just got recently arrested and got a ticket for solicitation on prostitution, on first offense, i have never been arrested before in my life and i don't know what are the consequences, some say i'll just probably appear in court and pay the penalties..or i'll just get a probation and pay the court fees since it's just a minor misdemeanor, if i will hire a defense lawyer, how much will it cost me? will it help me on my case? and can I have the charges removed on my record?

CdwJava

The charges remain forever on your state criminal history unless a judge for some reason orders them destroyed (not likely to happen).

Hiring an attorney cannot hurt ... if you can afford one. I'd say on the low end you are looking at between $1,500 and $2,500 for an attorney through trial. If you cannot afford one, the court can appoint one. You will probably get probation with search stipluations, and possibly drug testing as well.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">