• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket from a University

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Unshake

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

I parked in a parking ramp at the University of Wisconsin and apparently on select days it is permit only (even after I got a time stamp pass thing entering the ramp and was not told by the attendant). Anyways, I got towed and ticketed and my car just had a bill on it from "University of Wisconsin Transportation Services." So I guess I have two basic questions, is this ticket legitimate state issued ticket, as it appears to just be a receipt for the violations I need to mail in issued by the university. Secondly, I was out of state as I am from Minnesota and I noticed that Wisconsin is NOT a member of the DLC. What would be the repercussions of not paying the fines (Totaling only $115)? Letting people in a parking ramp at night and then towing them the next morning at 7AM without informing them all non-permit vehicles would be towed seems pretty crazy.

EDIT: There was a sign on the side of the ramp hung about 2 feet off the ground in smaller font with a paragraph about permit parking which included a list of dates on which this happens. As I entered at night, I missed the low placed white sign on a white building.

Last edited:

The Occultist

Are you a student there? Failing to pay this ticket could mean they will not allow you to graduate, enroll in classes, transfer your records to another institution, blah blah blah.

Unshake

Are you a student there? Failing to pay this ticket could mean they will not allow you to graduate, enroll in classes, transfer your records to another institution, blah blah blah.
No, I'm not a student there and have never attended school there. Anyone have any input regarding the fact that they are not in the DLC? Thanks for you help!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">