• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fleeing and Eluding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Fleeing or Attempt to Elude - Statute 316.1935 (1)

This lists as a Felony offense; however, it is also in County Court (Criminal traffic). Is this considered a Misdemeanor offense since it is "traffic court" related, or is this a screw up on the cops end?

Also, if this is a felony, what are the stipulations of Pre-Trial Intervention? Could this felony be pleaded down to a lesser known? The case was filed July 5th 2005, over 3 years ago. I have since not gotten into any trouble, not even pulled over.

Your thoughts and experiences.

I went to court on 3 of my older 2001 and 2002 Driving while license suspended charges (I wa 15 and 16 years old...sue me I was stupid) and under A.O. 10.102 any Misdemeanor traffic offense with no activity in 5 calendar years will be dismissed.

This is what happened to those cases, I have 2 more of them left that are similar, 2001 and 2002. But this one was in 2005, and not to put my foot in my mouth, but I was just wondering what would be the most likely outcome of this?

It confuses me because 316.1935(1) is a felony of the third degree, yet it is listed in County Court (traffic criminal). Is this a "lesser included" to Felony Fleeing and Eluding. I am schedule for court Tomorrow and Wednesday (two separate court houses, same county)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">