• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 year old moving out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TLouise

I live in Arkansas and want to know the laws concerning my 17 year old daughter moving out. She wants to move in a home about 8 houses from mine with her fiance. She will be 18 in March...they are planning to be married then...however he has already set up home. I questioned the local authorities about this and they told me with her being so close to 18 she was in the gray area of the law. Gray area is that they will not be running her down and bringing her back every time. My question, she is responsible and has held a part time job for 2 1/2 years. I do not want to break the law or get into trouble for allowing her to move out.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I live in Arkansas and want to know the laws concerning my 17 year old daughter moving out. She wants to move in a home about 8 houses from mine with her fiance. She will be 18 in March...they are planning to be married then...however he has already set up home. I questioned the local authorities about this and they told me with her being so close to 18 she was in the gray area of the law. Gray area is that they will not be running her down and bringing her back every time. My question, she is responsible and has held a part time job for 2 1/2 years. I do not want to break the law or get into trouble for allowing her to move out.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You are ALLOWING her to move out? What does her other parent say about this? Is she going to continue in school?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I LOVE it when children play house!!!!

Oh wait.... when they're 5. Not so cute at 17. So grandma.... you ready for that? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">