• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd offense Breaking Restriction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PonyGirl83

I am in Wisconsin. My 17-yr old son got stopped for a bad tail-light and had too many kids in his car. He had 2 other kids, can only have 1. This was his 2nd offense, 1st was over a year ago. We went to court today, expecting to pay a fine and perhaps suspend his license. Instead, we were given a new date for a Pre Trial Scheduling Conference?? We are not disputing the ticket. Is there any benefit to contacting our DA to resolve this matter or do we have to wait another month and take another morning off school & work?

aaarrrgh.

Thanks!

The Occultist

A pretrial conference may be in your interest. It's a chance for you to sit down the DA and chat. If the state is willing to offer this conference without you requesting it, perhaps you'll find that things may turn out better for your son than you originally suspected.

As far as asking the DA, I'm sure there's no harm in trying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">