• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

On probation w/another set of pending charges...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

equis79

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

I have been convicted of a class 4 felony, and was given probation in county A.
I have other charges pending in counties B & C. If I get convicted of those charges, how does it effect my probation in county A?

Some Random Guy

it would be a violation of your probation if you committed the crimes in counties B & C after you were convicted in county A. Of course, counties B&C can consider your record for sentencing and bail purposes.

equis79

Well, I was already charged w/crimes in B & C, before county A convicted me. So, I would assume that if B & C convicted me now, that it would not count as a probation violation. It might just effect the sentencing in counties B &C...right?

The crimes in the other counties will not violate your probation in County A, unless those crimes were committed after the commencement of probation in County A.

I wouldn't bank on remaining free though, once the other counties learn that you are currently on probation in County A for a felony. The current probation will most likely convince one of the Judges in the other counties that you really should be incarcerated, because you don't seem to stop committing offenses.

Make certain that your Probation Officer is aware of pending court actions against you in the other counties. Make certain that your affairs are in order, and expect the worst. If the worst doesn't come, you can enjoy that outcome even more.

Don't continue to be irresponsible, and leave your affairs for someone else to have to deal with, should you become incarcerated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">