• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

appel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobbyswife489

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida My husband just recently got a yr and a day but our lawyer appealed the case and if he is to get out how long will it take to process the papers so that he can get out ? i was told he has to go back for 15 days before he can be released is that right or no?

I am going to elaborate a bit on Bobbyswife489's post. I know her and she is new here...... In a nut shell.....

Her husband never in trouble in his life..... prior to her there was a roommate that went into her mothers house and brought along a few of her friends and robbed the mom blind...... they all got arrested except the girl who cut a deal with the mom..... come home and I will not press charges on you...... No pre trial was offered no diversionary program no community service no nothing...... One year and a day then probation when done. a year or so..... Soon as the order was signed the Judge called his attorney to the bench and told him to appeal the sentence. Motion to Modify..... What she is looking to find out is ...... He has an appeal hearing scheduled for the 3rd of December. You know how people talk and they have told her that if the modification is approved and they take him out of jail and do some type of probation or whatever he will go to court on the 3rd but it will still take 15 days for the sentence modification to take effect. Hence he will not be released until Dec. 18th. Is this the norm??

This is her first time here please be nice and she will catch on as she needs to use this site.

a yes, no or i don't know will be fine. No big long explanation or need of information..... when a motion is modified does it take effect when the judge signs it in the court room or does it take an additional 15 days??? simple.

these posts have been reported. I was wondering why? I see how before you report a post there is a comment at the bottom of the writing feild that says. "This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts." I do not know what you find spam, advertising or problematic? I have read some of the threads and answers posted and find it to be very benificial to be "TO THE POINT" which is what I am. I do not like being treated as a lessor so I do not allow it. I hope this does not effect my membership here I appoligize if anyone is offended but I will continue to be direct until my membership is discontinued. and if anyone can throw us an answer we would appreciate it. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">