• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

felony fraud??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not me

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
I wrote a half a dozen checks at places and there owned by the same ppl...anyway a cop came over and said I to go with him for questionong, i was looking for something too wear, and said he had to leave and to come down the next day to the station..i didn't I was scared, he called a few days later and said its really imporant I come down and talk, I asked if I should bring bail money, or am I under arrest. If i was he would done at my house? does anybody have any advise for me?:confused: Do I have too go down and talk to him or do I wait it out???? I willing to pay for my mistakes but can he arrest me?

Last edited:

outonbail

If the police are asking you to go to the station to answer some questions, then it is at this point, completely voluntary on your part. They are going to use every trick in the book in an attempt to get you to tell on yourself.

If they already had enough evidence to charge you, they would just file their case with the DA, an arrest warrant would be issued and they would come to your residence, or place of employment and take you into custody.

If you go to the station without an attorney, chances are, you will be arrested. If you can not afford an attorney, then wait and see if the police do get a warrant for your arrest.

When they come out to take you in custody, DO NOT SPEAK TO THEM OR ANSWER ANY OF THEIR QUESTIONS WITHOUT HAVING AN ATTORNEY PRESENT!

When you are arraigned, you can ask for a public defender at that time. But if you speak to the police without an attorney present, you will drastically reduce the amount of help an attorney can provide.

Stop talking about this case. Do not discuss it with anyone but your attorney. If the police call, don't answer the phone and if they show up, don't answer the door. The only way you can be sure that you don't say the wrong thing to them, is if you say nothing to them at all.

Cooperating with them will not help you, they will not speak to the judge and tell him to go easy on you because you cooperated with them, regardless of what they tell you. Speaking to them can and will only work against you.

Here is a thread you can read dealing with what happens when you're a suspect in a crime and you voluntarily speak with the police. It is a long thread, but you should read the entire thing as it contains some good advice and a real situation of what can happen when you don't follow that advice.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/drug-charges-28/possible-prescription-forgery-help-423918.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">