• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Find out about a warrant without a ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

made_man_590

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky, but the incident happened in New York

Sometime last fall, I drove to upstate New York and on the way back I was pulled over and given two tickets for going 13 m.p.h over the speed limit and pulling off to left side of the road (I was supposed to recieve 3, but he let the driving in the left lane slide). I now have an attorney and I would like to have this matter resolved, but I have no specific time, date, or location of the stop because the ticket was stolen along with everything else in my glove box when my car was broken into shortly after I returned to Kentucky.

I have a business meeting coming up in the next several months and I will have to drive to Manhattan. Is there anything my lawyer can do to find out if I have a warrant for my arrest in the state of New York without the ticket? And is there anything I can do to help my lawyer?

Thank you.

seniorjudge

Q: Is there anything my lawyer can do to find out if I have a warrant for my arrest in the state of New York without the ticket?

A: Yes; he can ask the state police/highway patrol to run a check on you.

Q: And is there anything I can do to help my lawyer?

A: Do what he tells you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">