• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a threat?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ahuckaby

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

Long story short (I hope)... My mom had a friend live with her for about a year. she paid all the bills, however the friend was supposed to pay 1/2 of the bills. He did offer her $1500.00 for a tractor which was supposed to be for use on her farm. He then convinced her to co-sign on a new toyota truck, which she did. This man is not employed only recieves a little money from the V.A. She got tierd of his "mooching" and wanted him to start paying his share or leave after he paid her for what he owed her. Instead of wanting to pay his fair share, he just up and leaves with the tractor.
Today she recieves an e-mail from him and in the e-mail it says "if your son ever hit me it would be his worst and last mistake" ( I have never made any insinuation of harm to this man in ANY fashion!!!!!)
do we have any recorse against him for nonpayment and or theft? can we get her tractor back? would "his last mistake" be considered communication of a threat?(I know its petty but he broke my Mom's heart)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">