• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Here we go again...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doggynell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Here's the breakdown... I am a father of two, their mom is in prison (Class D Felony) 1&1/3-4 year sentence but was accepted to "Shock". Instead of not seeing her for at least two years, if completed she will be released in 6 months. I just received a letter from her and she was served a warrant for Criminal Impersonation 2nd degree which happened a couple of months ago. Instead of giving the officer her license, she gave him her sisters' and I believe her sister called in the complaint.

My question is, obviously what is she looking at here in terms of punishment? I know that her warrant is a Class A misdemeanor but will she be able to avoid more time in jail?

Thank you in advance for any advice given for help...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">