• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Double Homicide..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

autidawn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

Monday November 10th, 2008 TBI came to my home and said that my car had been used in a double homicide that had occured that weekend. They went and got my car and that's the last I seen it. I was told a couple of days ago that they were keeping it for evidence and that I wouldn't be able to have it until the hearing was over.

I was given no paper work when they took my car and still haven't been given any paperwork. I guess my questions are..can they keep my car even if they haven't given my any proof that it was used in the case? Do they have to give me paperwork indicating they have taken my car? Do they have to provide my proof that if my car it actually being held as evidence than it should be kept in a garage or something equal to that will keep it out of weather until the case is over?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">