• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to appear

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarah040308

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Others and I were arrested in 2002 while working at an exotic club in Pasco county,Florida The charge was a felony (I think, prostition?) The club's lawyer told us he was appealing the charge.I honestly thought it was dismissed after not hearing anything for so long. It has been six years later, and by chance,and luck, I happen to see while "searchin" online that the appeal was thrown out and the defendants (who were luckily notified) received misdeamers The final docket and hearing was actually 11/03/08 Now I see there is a warrant for my arrest., for failure to appear for the original felony! I was never informed of the hearing, I have owned my house for the past 4 years, and a simple lookup in the directory would have informed me of the hearing. I tried to call the lawyer today, he has not called back. This is clearly a misunderstanding. Please tell me what to do, I live 3 hours away, quit dancing and am in college now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">