• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can he do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GracieP

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in the state of GEORGIA
I would like to know if my son, whom will be 17 in a few weeks can move out after he turns 17? Is there anything I can do to keep him at home? Can I report him as a runaway?
He wants to go live with his friend and his parents?? Can he do this???:(

Last edited:

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in the state of GEORGIA
I would like to know if my son, whom will be 17 in a few weeks can move out after he turns 17? Is there anything I can do to keep him at home? Can I report him as a runaway?
He wants to go live with his friend and his parents?? Can he do this???:(
Make sure that you let the friends parents know that your son does NOT have permission to live with them. If your son runs away and shows up there you will expect a call. If they allow your son to stay there you will file a criminal complaint. The possible charges would include: Custodial Interference, Aiding and Abetting a Runaway and Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Until he is 18, he lives where you say he lives.

The police may or may not extend any effort to return a 17 year old home, but he is not a legal adult till 18 and you are responsible for him. You therefore have the right to say where he lives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">