• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can they do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluecrazy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI
my husband got pulled over and taken to jail over a year and a half ago. the officer tried to say he was fleeing but he had to wait for him to catch up after he turned on his lights,by them he was in a different county. They threw him out of the truck and took him in. They let him out on a 12.50 bond for a reckless driving. then we never heard any thing no papers no ticket. So we thought they did not do anything about it cuz it had been so long.
But today he got pulled over the officer thought he did not have a seatbelt on , but he did and found out there is a warrent for his arrest in , and took him in to be tranfered to the other county. he said the warrent was for fleein and alueding,witch we never recieved any papers from the court or anything. now he has a 7500$ bond and it said no 10% so waht should I do???????

outonbail

now he has a 7500$ bond and it said no 10% so waht should I do???????
Hiring an attorney to represent him would be a good place to start.
Recovering his vehicle if it has been impounded wouldn't be a bad idea either.
You can also contact his work and let them know he won't be in until he can take care of this matter, which may help him keep his job.

Other than these suggestions, you'll just have to wait until he sees the judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">