• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS SOME1 PLEASE HELP THNX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Figitive

virginia...i was stopped twice in the beginning of january of 1999 for driving without a licence and on a suspended licence and never went to court for it. i want to know what's the statute of limitation on those charges. how long will it take before they cant prosicute me and even if i can still be prosicuted. what do you suggest my best course of action sould be? i know there has to be some amount of time before a pettie crime like that is thrown out... thank you

calatty

A statute of limitations puts a limit on how long the state can take to start prosecution. The statute of limitations no longer applies to you because you have already been charged, by getting the tickets. The state does not reward people for managing to elude capture for a long time by dropping charges. In other words, take care of these charges because they are not going to disappear.

S

sgt.lou

HI,
IM IN JERSEY AND I DONT THINK THE LAW IS THAT MUCH DIFFERENT THAN OURS WITH MOTOR VEHICLE VIOLATIONS. ONE THING THAT YOU MUST REMEMBER. DRIVING A MOTOR VEHICLE AND HAVING A LICENSE IS A PRIVILEGE AND NOT YOUR RIGHT. I DONT THINK THERE IS LIMITATIONS ON THAT IN VIRGINIA, LOOK IT UP ON THE INTERNET, VIRGINIA LAW. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE STOPPED AND EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT DRIVING. THE POLICE MAY ARREST YOU ON THE MOTOR VEHICLE WARRANT. YOU MAY WANT TO CALL THE APPROPIATE COURT AND PAY WHATEVER FINE YOU HAVE TO SO YOU MAY CLEAR YOUR NAME. IF NOT AND YOU GET ARRESTED, YOU MAY BE INCONVENIENCED AND BAIL MAY BE PUT AGAINST YOU BEFORE YOUR RELEASE. HOPE THIS HELPED. SGT. LOU

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">