• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rescinded job offer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Merlindsay

I'm a Michigan resident and agreed to a job offer for a sales management position with a Michigan car dealership. Based on this verbal agreement, and the fact my new employer provided me a new vehicle as a "demonstrator" for my use as part of my pay plan, I quit my existing job. I was subseqently informed by the dealership GM who hired me that he was having a problem with the CFO of the management group to which this dealership belongs and would have to "go over his head" to the President before I could start working. The GM is not returning my calls and I believe he has been told he cannot give me the job he promised me. The strangest part is that I still have their vehicle in my garage and they have not contacted me regarding my status nor to seek return of the vehicle. Should I seek legal assistance to remedy this situation? Will I be able to enforce the verbal agreement to give me the job and pay plan I was promised?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">