• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cowley_7

I'm 18, and in Utah. Me and my friends got pulled over, I'm still not sure why, i think just suspicion, but i got a citation for possession of marijuana, paraphernalia, and tobacco. all 3 were found in the car, i was not the driver and none of it was on me or mine, i realize possession of marijuana i can not get out of because i knew it was there and i had smoked, but we didn't not use the paraphernalia. can i get out of the paraphernalia or tobacco?

CdwJava

You did not get cited for USING the paraphernalia or tobacco (I assume you are under 18, then), you got cited for being in unlawful POSSESSION of those items.

Unless you can cast reasonable doubt on your knowledge and control over the items in question, you're gonna take that hit.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">