• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help with Kidnapping Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

webmania

Texas. A friend of mine has custody of his daughter. He lives in Texas. Her mother got out of jail just before Hurricane Ike hit. Went to her daughters school, took her out of school without permission (The Mother was not listed by the school to take her) then fled to Brandson Missouri. She then went to rob a convenience store owned by 2 police officers. We are not 100% sure, but we believe her daughter was sitting in the running car. We are about 90 % she was. Her Mother and boyfriend were arrested for robbery. CPS took my friends daughter. He received a call from his daughter explaining what happened. He talked to CPS there and they said even though he has custody of his daughter (and has the paperwork) they probably will not release his daughter to him. They said something about the Mother having more rights than him. He reported her missing in Houston, TX as soon as he found out. The Mother has a long history of crime and has spent a lot of time in jail. Please help A.S.A.P I am in California and can't help him anyway but this. Thanks, Evelyn

cyjeff

This isn't actually kidnapping....

However, your friend needs to take a copy of the custody order to CPS in Missouri and have them release the child into his care.

This isn't something that can be done long distance.

TinkerBelleLuvr

OG - tell me if I'm wrong, but he needs to file an ex parte motion in the state that granted him custody for the child to be returned, according to the custody agreeement that was filed in court.

There is more to this story than your friend is telling you.

webmania

Friend in Texas

Hi Jinny,
There is no more to the story. She (the Mother) has came into his house when he was at work, stolen checks, stolen credit cards, etc. many times in thepast This happens whenever she gets out of jail. I'm not talking about a couple of days in jail, she has done many long term stints in prison just to head over to his house to get money when she is released. This is the second time she has taken his daughter without his permission. The first time she did not take her out of Texas, however, this time she took her to Missouri and committed a burglary with his daughter sitting in a running car. She is currently sitting in jail right now with her boyfriend. The person I am speaking for does not have a computer and is a simple man who works his butt off to take care of his daughters. Not all of us keep things hidden and at this point, this is all he knows about what happened. He simply is not that way. I thank you for your advice and I will pass it onto him. I believe he has already left to try and get his daughter. Just to tell you what kind of person he is, when he received the phone call from his daughter telling him what happened, he was working under a car with the engine jacked up and blocked (he's a mechanic). He was so shocked when he got the call about what happened, he knocked one of the the braces holding the engine up and crushed his finger. They wanted to amputate it, but he said no he had to get his daughter. His ex-wife is a career criminal and that's why he has custody of his daughters. Thanks again, Eve

cyjeff

You are not hearing us.

You seem to think that the state WANTS to hold onto every possible child for as long as they can.

They do not. They go out of their way to find someone legally able to take a child off their hands.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Please keep in mind that the OP is (obviously) the FATHER'S new GF/Fiance/Bed Buddy/Wife. The post is definitely biased.

Amazing that the DAD isn't on here looking for advice...

Isis1

Please keep in mind that the OP is (obviously) the FATHER'S new GF/Fiance/Bed Buddy/Wife. The post is definitely biased.

Amazing that the DAD isn't on here looking for advice...
men are just so incapable of sitting in front of a computer and typing their own issues. the person they are having sex with is SOOO much more capable.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

and i dated a mechanic. he built his own computer. so there is nothing simple about a mechanic :mad: lazy in OP's case, but not simple.

webmania

Wow

I thank you for your replies, but he lives in Galveston, TX. I know it's not on the news, but the island is a wreck. That's why he had to go to Houston, TX to report her missing, not to mention he can't live on the island right now. You can't even drive through Galveston right now. He lost his home from that Hurricane. What houses that are still there the rent prices have been jacked up and occupied by people "cleaning" up the island. Why must people be so skeptical when a friend posts a message to for someone else to try and help?. They did tell him in Brandson (spell?) Missouri that they were PROBABLY not going to release the daughter back to him because of some outdated law on their books about the Mother having 9/10th's of the law on her side. I will know more when he gets back and I won't ask anymore questions of your members since it appears that you all are looking for something that's not there. Just a friend in California doing the best I can to help a person who has it pretty rough right now. How do people get like you? Insult a man who's a mechanic, lost everything in a hurricane, and then his ex-wife of many years takes his daughter, and then he crushes his finger to the point they want to amputate it. Do you know how he felt when he found his daughter missing. Have a heart. He is a simple man living a simple life. Maybe I ought to do the same. I could live without insults. I would just have a long distance bill helping him out. So what, it's better than this. At first I was pleases with your responses, but now I think you have some kind of biased or preset notion. E

Last edited:

>Charlotte<

Lurker
They did tell him in Brandson (spell?) Missouri that they were PROBABLY not going to release the daughter back to him because of some outdated law on their books about the Mother having 9/10th's of the law on her side.
This statute pertains to Missouri custody and I'm assuming your friend's custody was granted in Texas, so a cite with regard to interstate custody issues might be more appropriate, but this still contradicts the statement that mothers have "9/10 of the law on their side" in Missouri.

From Missouri 452-375
8. As between the parents of a child, no preference may be given to either parent in the awarding of custody because of that parent's age, sex, or financial status, nor because of the age or sex of the child.

I don't know what kind of "friendship" you have or how well you know this man--and it's not necessary to go to the trouble of explaining, because (if I may be blunt) I really don't care and it doesn't matter to you what I think anyway--but I see big red "sob story" flags all over the place. It warrants a word of caution if there's any possibility at all that you're being played. If you absolutely, factually know that to be impossible, fine.

Also, it's Branson.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">