• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I Pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yobresal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

So I bought a car from a impound lot auction. These cars are between owners and all of them are sold plate less. I had the car for a couple of weeks and it was not plated or registered. The car got towed. I payed the impound fees and all fees associated with the tow and got the car back. The car had a parking ticket for being parked in front of a driveway. I then sold the car. The new owner registered the car and got a new (different from the plate that the previous owner had) plate put on it. I was going to pay the ticket and looked up the citation by plate number and noticed that the old plate number had like $800 in tickets from the previous owner who had the car impounded and auctioned off. The top of the list was my $85 ticket. Should I pay this ticket or can I get away without ever having to pay it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">