• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disabled Lady Needs Help???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Debrinconcita

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon. :confused:I am a disbled lady from Portland, OR. I went to court for Theft 111, and was sentenced to 42 hrs. Community Service. I was told in Court if I was involved in any mental, drug, alcohol, Treatment programs I would not have to do the Community Service. I missed my chance, somehow and now they have put a Warrant for my arrest. I need my name cleared because I am currently seeking a new place to live. I am disabled bad. I have severe pain in my knees from Arthritis. I cannot get up and walk for more than 10minutes at a time. I cannot do any Community Service. I had another case and was sentenced to 28 hrs. Community Service 2-3 years ago. So, both cases I attended the court and was sentenced but I never finished the Community Service because I'm in Treatment for Drug addiction and I am disabled from Arthritis, and I am BiPolar, and Depressed. I attend all treatment and counseling services daily. I am on alot of medications. I will not be off anything ever. What can I do to clear this up??? PLEASE I NEED HELP ASAP, ASAP, ASAP????I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW, I AM SO SCARED AND CONFUSED.thanks deb rincon.

Last edited:

BL

=
Debrinconcita;2100254]What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon. :confused:I am a disbled lady from Portland, OR.
I went to court for Theft 111, and was sentenced to 42 hrs. Community Service

I was told in Court if I was involved in any mental, drug, alcohol, Treatment programs I would not have to do the Community Service.
OK

I missed my chance, somehow and now they have put a Warrant for my arrest.
How could you miss your chance " somehow " ? Don't you know how you missed it ? :rolleyes:

I need my name cleared because I am currently seeking a new place to live

Not a good excuse .

I am disabled bad. I have severe pain in my knees from Arthritis. I cannot get up and walk for more than 10minutes at a time. I cannot do any Community Service.
I'm sure the court took all that in to account .

There are sit down jobs you could do .

I had another case and was sentenced to 28 hrs. Community Service 2-3 years ago.
Guess you don't learn , and your addiction(s) are causing problems !!

So, both cases I attended the court and was sentenced but I never finished the Community Service because I'm in Treatment for Drug addiction and I am disabled from Arthritis, and I am BiPolar, and Depressed. I attend all treatment and counseling services daily. I am on alot of medications. I will not be off anything ever.
You said you missed your chance at at treatment .

Which is it , you are in treatment , or you aren't ?

What can I do to clear this up??? PLEASE I NEED HELP ASAP, ASAP, ASAP????I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW, I AM SO SCARED AND CONFUSED.thanks deb rincon.
If you're inpatient treatment , complete it , then turn yourself in .

The court may have mercy , if you prove your completion and ongoing follow ups , Etc.

If you're in outpatient treatment , turn yourself in and show you're in treatment .

The court may have mercy .

The court is not out to get you .

The court , most time in the interest of justice will give an individual a break , as long as they show they are willing to abide by the courts wishes . ( in these types of cases ).

But then again , if your just trying to skate through the system , thieve from the public , your excuses will ultimately fall of deaf ears , and you WILL pay your debt to society , sick , disabled , or not .

It's good you're scared , now follow my advice . The court should appoint you an attorney , if you are a " poor person " , and hopefully you are on the right track , and the court will have mercy .

BTW , the warrant will not go away on it's own .

It's better to turn yourself in .

The Occultist

For the record, due to the definition of bi-polar, you cannot be bi-polar AND depressed. No court will accept the excuses you have provided us.

FlyingRon

You are not sufficiently mentally ill to not understand the consequences of your actions. You were give leniency to get help for your self which you blew off for purely self serving reasons and now you are upset that more leniency is not extended to you.

Ozark_Sophist

For the record, due to the definition of bi-polar, you cannot be bi-polar AND depressed. No court will accept the excuses you have provided us.
:eek:
Wrong! And not even a little bit wrong! Out of the ball park wrong.

DSM-IV-TR Bipolar diagnosis for which a Major Depressive Episode is listed as a criteria:
296.4x Bipolar I Disorder, Most Recent Episode Manic
296.6x Bipolar I Disorder, Most Recent Episode Mixed
296.5x Bipolar I Disorder, Most Recent Episode Depressed
296.89 Bipolar II Disorder

"A shift in polarity [bipolar] is defined as a clinical course in which a Major Depressive Episode evolves into a Manic Episode or a Mixed Episode or in which a Manic Episode or a Mixed Episode evolves into a Major Depressive Episode
I don't know where you got your definition, but you should toss that book out the door. :rolleyes:

The Occultist

:eek:
Wrong! And not even a little bit wrong! Out of the ball park wrong.

I don't know where you got your definition, but you should toss that book out the door. :rolleyes:
The point I'm making is that manic-depression includes depression, so it's redundant to say you're both.

Well, I think that's the point I was making. I honestly don't even remember making that post!

Last edited:

tranquility

To start, there is no way on earth you can "clear" your name. You've been convicted twice and have not completed you sentence in either case. Second, if you cannot do community service because of your disability(s), what do you think the court's remaining option will be?

1: Sure, she can't pay her debt to society so we should let her go.

2: She can't do community service, how can we get her to pay her debt to society?

If they have to find you, #2 is the way they will go. If you turn yourself in and fall on the mercy of the court, if you get an inventive judge he may find something other than jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">