• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recanting witness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angel27707

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NORTH CAROLINA

hi,

my brother was convicted of first degree murder and sentenced to life in prison without parole. the prosecution said he was "acting in concert". prosecution had no dna, evidence, or murder weapon. the co-defendant who commited the crime wrote in his confession/statement at the time of arrest that my brother was in the car and did not know what happened. but the co-defendant fled the country and didnt show up for trial. so his statement was not admissible as evidence. the prosecution had one witness who claimed on stand that my brother did know what was happening, so the jury found him guilty. since the trial- that witness (the only witness they had on trial) has come forth to a lot of people and admitted that he fabricated the truth because he was pressured to do so by the detectives.

how can this help my brother now? he is sitting in prison for life based off this witness' testimony? and what does this witness have to do in order to fix this? and who does he have to go to?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

angel27707

recanting witness

Hi,

my brother knows now that this witness wants to recant. but what if the same detectives and prosecutors scare this witness again and he doesnt do the right thing, and my brother is stuck in prison for life for something he didnt do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">