• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warrents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jac720

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oregon, how does one go about finding out about active warrents in the state of oregon?

Some Random Guy

If you think you have active warrants then you probably have them. Contact a lawyer who can walk you through the process of getting the warrants and the underlying charges taken care of. If you try to do this on your own, you are likely to be arrested on the warrants.

jac720

If you think you have active warrants then you probably have them. Contact a lawyer who can walk you through the process of getting the warrants and the underlying charges taken care of. If you try to do this on your own, you are likely to be arrested on the warrants.
Ok, so more or less the best way to go about it is to contact a lawyer to help me out in the event there was a warrent. I didn't know there was a process to doing so. If it is out of state though would it have to be a lawyer in the state where I am (Oregon) or the state where there may be a warrent (California)?

Some Random Guy

you want a lawyer who is in the state where the warrant is. To get this taken care of, you will likely need to make at least one trip to CA.

why do you think that you have a warrant? Failure to appear? Probation violation?

outonbail

Depending on where in California you believe these warrants exist, you may be able to find the warrant information on line. You can Google the county or city you are concerned with along with court records + on line access and see if you can find what your looking for that way.

You can also call the sheriff in that county and ask over the phone. Many times they will look in their system for you and let you know you right then.

jac720

you want a lawyer who is in the state where the warrant is. To get this taken care of, you will likely need to make at least one trip to CA.

why do you think that you have a warrant? Failure to appear? Probation violation?
Depending on where in California you believe these warrants exist, you may be able to find the warrant information on line. You can Google the county or city you are concerned with along with court records + on line access and see if you can find what your looking for that way.

You can also call the sheriff in that county and ask over the phone. Many times they will look in their system for you and let you know you right then.

Well long story short, when I was a minor I was introduced to the Florida penal system. I spent 5 away. When I got out I had learned my lesson and have done everything I can to make sure I do not fall back into that cycle.

I guess at some point I was a witness, or something to that effect, and met with a detective once, but I had my son with me; he said that due to the nature of the material he can't talk about it with me in front of my son. I responded to him "I am a single father with no help from any of my family, and my son's mom was a-wall touring the country on a drug crazed journey with a bunch of people so I couldn't get help from her". He said he would contact me again so that I can try to get a baby sitter or something.

He never gave me a card or anything so I never had a way to contact him. It has been almost 6 months now and still I have not had any word from him.
I know a little how the system works, atleast Floridas, and am a little concerned form the lack of conact. It is not like a detective to contact you and then just write you off with out notifying you.

I live life by expecting the worst but hoping for the bests, so you see I wanted to know how to find out if my assumption could have some truth to it. I just got a job as a structural designer and that would be the last thing I would want to have over my head. I would not be able to afford to loose my job, because if I did I would also loose my son, and my son comes before anything else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">