• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hired as political pawn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

larsonics

I was hired at a music store that had three locations A B & C when I originally applied for employment at store "C" one of the managers of the main store "A" told the manager of store "C" not to hire me, a few weeks later the manager of store "C" called me and said he had more control now and he would hire me. When I came to work it was obvious that I had been hired primarily as a pawn to infuriate the manager of store “A”. There was an underground movement in the works to get rid of store manager “A” by family members of the store owners and other managers and employees. Store manager "A" the one they sought to force out was also family, so it was ugly and eventually he terminated himself. At that point I knew my days were numbered because I realy was not qualified as a salesman. Then the company fired the manager who hired me, and they would end up waiting a while to eliminate me so the events would not seem all connected. Then My brother who worked at store "A" quit to become a sales rep witched really ticked off the owners because he was a top salesman. As well as quitting he also started dating there daughter which added more fuel to thier fire. Although they told me none of this had anything to with it I was terminated shortly after my brother left - not fired but let go due to down-sizing which they never really did. I was a musician before I came to work for them and I was making $10,000 to $15,000 a year at best, while with this company I made $25,000 a year for two years. The first 6 months with the company I quit performing and sold all my equipment thinking maybe I could pull the salesman thing off if I wasn't working nights. Now I'm thrown into a situation that has led to Chapter-13 because I'm back to entertaining again and the Company I worked for is one of those on the Ch-13 list. I believe they will be venomous. My question is: Have my rights been violated? Is being hired for political reasons legal? Is being fired for political or personal reasons legal? I do have people that will testify why I was hired, and people who will give their opinion on why I was fired. Is there anything here? I know this all sound like soap opera but I'm sure this stuff is not un-comon. Thanks for any help or advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">