• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

runaway daughter and finacial responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

runawaykid

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alaska
daughter is 16.
I lived in Alaska with my 3 children (no father in the picture,he works for cash, no financial help ever, he's a dead beat..not the point).
New job in texas.
Daughter refuses to leave for texas with me. Called police. They said I could not make her go with me nor could they...Alaska it is not against the law for minor (over 16) to runaway, as police said.
Moved to Texas (Sept) without daughter (she moved in with friends (she manipulates people into what she wants until they figure out she won't accept responsibility...dropped out of school, won't work, etc). I don't send her money.
Daughter went to clinic, then one week later to ER for Uriary tract infection (not life threatening).
She gave my name and OLD address as responsible party (without my consent).
Bills were forwarded to me in Texas.
Am I responsible for her medical bills and she doesn't live with me and won't?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alaska
daughter is 16.
I lived in Alaska with my 3 children (no father in the picture,he works for cash, no financial help ever, he's a dead beat..not the point).
New job in texas.
Daughter refuses to leave for texas with me. Called police. They said I could not make her go with me nor could they...Alaska it is not against the law for minor (over 16) to runaway, as police said.
Moved to Texas (Sept) without daughter (she moved in with friends (she manipulates people into what she wants until they figure out she won't accept responsibility...dropped out of school, won't work, etc). I don't send her money.
Daughter went to clinic, then one week later to ER for Uriary tract infection (not life threatening).
She gave my name and OLD address as responsible party (without my consent).
Bills were forwarded to me in Texas.
Am I responsible for her medical bills and she doesn't live with me and won't?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
She is still YOUR daughter. Of course you are responsible.

runawaykid

So the "LAW" says I can't make her live/move with me (what the police said), but I am still responsible by "law" to pay for her medical expenses..when if she lived with me she would be covered under my HMO plan here in texas?
This is important, and need to know what to do ...if i can't move her here, then I will need to be free of "paying" for bills she is incurring..(and I'm paying for her insurance here, but we were in between insurances at the time of her visits..besides the point)..
she is a "runaway" as the police inferred, and I have no legal right to do anything about it..
so give me some sources to back up your answer please..? before i try and pay these bills..and then figure out what to do to prevent it again...
thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">