• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cigarette smoke

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

superjenniddong

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

It's obvious that secondhand smoke is released, then diffused rather quickly, at least in sight. But if the smoke was concentrated in a clear box made of glass persay, would the smoke stay visible?

btw, I'm planning to make a clear rectangular prism about 6 feet high with aperatures in which smokers can smoke into so that the second hand smoke will become trapped, and I can show how much smoke is released from a single, or a number of cigarettes, for my social issue project for english.

So if anyone knows if the smoke will diffuse even if it's trapped inside of an airtight box, leave a comment. Thanks :)

cyjeff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

It's obvious that secondhand smoke is released, then diffused rather quickly, at least in sight. But if the smoke was concentrated in a clear box made of glass persay, would the smoke stay visible?

btw, I'm planning to make a clear rectangular prism about 6 feet high with aperatures in which smokers can smoke into so that the second hand smoke will become trapped, and I can show how much smoke is released from a single, or a number of cigarettes, for my social issue project for english.

So if anyone knows if the smoke will diffuse even if it's trapped inside of an airtight box, leave a comment. Thanks :)
This ain't Mr. Wizard... and we don't do homework.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
People shouldn't smoke around children. But if it's "child abuse," ban it in the home. And get a warrant.

Having known people who were really "abused" by parents, I find the senator's stance appalling.
What a deep and intriguing thought...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">