• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tono67

Had gotten fired for being ill, Do I have a case against my ex- employer?

In November of 2000 I was ill, I had strep throat twice in a one month period and an upper respitory invection, I continued to have severe headaches of which were getting worse, they got so bad they were blinding and my doctor put me on tylonel threes for the pain, I had to got to the hospital for a cat scan, so I had to take the day off, I also had taken a couple of other days off due to the headaches of which I had doctor excuses for, we found that I had an infection in my head and had cortizone shots in my head.I went to the dr to get the shots when I came home there was a message from my boss on my answering machine that I was no longer needed, I had been there for five years.
now the last three months on my job search I have been looking for work,every job I have an interview with says every thing looks good they like me but they need to call my previous employer, once they call my previous employer that is the end, they are giving me a bad reference and I have no job, I am getting very frustrated.
is there any thing legal I can do? i live in north dakota.
I am getting un-employment right now, my doctor verified my illness to job service. please help getting scared!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">