• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sentence if loses Trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nastytasha011

I live in New York and a friend of my is in jail on drug charges because he took a plea bargain. His case is an entrapment case. At the time of taking the plea bargain he did not know what entrapment meant. He is now trying to withdraw his plea because he would like to go to trial. If the judge approves the motion to withdraw his plea will the judge impose a higher sentence then the one accepted in the plea if my friend loses trial?

Just Blue

I live in New York and a friend of my is in jail on drug charges because he took a plea bargain. His case is an entrapment case. At the time of taking the plea bargain he did not know what entrapment meant. He is now trying to withdraw his plea because he would like to go to trial. If the judge approves the motion to withdraw his plea will the judge impose a higher sentence then the one accepted in the plea if my friend loses trial?
Did you "friend" have an attorney at the time of his plea? How was he "entrapped"?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
It wasn't entrapment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">