• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question regarding Probation Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Me2008

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
Hello, My husband was on probation in Chatham CO, GA, he violated his probation by being charged with another offense in Liberty CO, GA. His probation officer in Chatham CO has verbally stated she is going to revoke his probation in Chatham Co but has not done so yet. He has been in jail for about 4 months now for his charges in Liberty CO. He has not been convicted of the offenses. He is waiting on a plea from the DA in Liberty CO. The DA in Liberty CO has stated she would run his probation violation and his current offense together so he serves time for both at one time. His probation officer in Chatham CO has stated she will not revoke his probation until Liberty CO is done with him completely. All he has right now and all we can afford is the public defender. My question is Chatham CO legally able to just wait to revoke him until they feel like it basically? Or is there a way to force there hand and get them to go ahead with the revocation? Any help or advice would be great. Thank you:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">